Rules and Regulations
If you have any questions about our rules, please contact us. Guests will please adhere to the following:
- Guest will report to management to sign all appropriate releases.
- Please keep all gates opened or closed as found. The main gate will remain closed, no exceptions.
- Hunters must carry proper hunting license and permits on person at all times.
- No smoking allowed inside camp house or deer blinds. No exceptions! Smoking is permitted outside IF ALL butts are extinguished and disposed of properly.
- A minimum 25 caliber rifle is required for all exotic and whitetail deer hunts.
- Report all hits and dead or wounded animals should a guide not be with you.
- If you draw blood this is considered a kill and you will be charged accordingly. A wounded animal is considered a dead animal, no exceptions.
- Heart A Ranch personnel will make every effort to find wounded animals; however do not enter another hunting area without first clearing with management. Report to management and they will assist with tracking. All attempts will be made to locate the wounded animal, however alternative methods of tracking including but not limited to tracking dogs will be at the hunter’s expense.
- If upgrading your previously agreed upon package, you must arrange payment BEFORE taking the animal with ranch owner and/or guide. If taking an additional animal, you have to arrange payment with ranch owner and/or guide before taking the animal.
- Harvesting animals in velvet is not permitted unless otherwise previously approved with ranch owner and/or guide.
- Night hunting is not permitted for exotics or whitetails. Night hunting is permitted, however for predator hunting and hogs.
- No children under the age of 12 can be left at camp without adult guardian supervision.
- Alcoholic beverages may be consumed by guests of legal age in the camp area only. This applies to all guests on the ranch.
- Trimming of trees is permitted, provided all hardwood tree cuts are painted within 30 minutes of the cut. Proper methods must be used to trim hardwood trees.
- Never cross a game fence. The perimeter fence is entirely game fenced, and interior pasture fences are low fenced to allow fair chase. If you get lost, do not cross the game fence. If you do so you will be considered a poacher/trespasser and may prosecuted as a poacher/trespasser by our neighbors.
- If you violate any ranch rules or Texas State Laws, you and your group will be removed from the ranch AFTER the Game Warden and/or authorities have been notified.
- No littering. Please place all trash in garbage cans.
- Do not remove skulls, sheds, or artifacts from Heart A Ranch. Look at it, enjoy it, but leave it where you see it.
- No pets are allowed off leash anywhere on the ranch for your animal and our animals safety.
- Always be on the lookout when walking or hiking for rattlesnakes and other animals. This is a true wildlife area so we ask you respect every animal whose path you cross. Be safe!
- All personal vehicles will be parked at headquarters. A guide will escort you to and from blinds.
- Hunters will tag and bring into headquarters all kills. All kills will be removed from the ranch when the hunter leaves. If you harvest an game animal, you must take the meat with you unless prior arrangements have been made. We do not allow meat to be wasted. Please bring enough coolers to transport your trophy. A moderate amount of ice will be provided to keep the carcass cool until town.
- All animals will be field dressed at the campsite or headquarters. Do not wash animals in water troughs, or animal drinking areas.
Taxidermy and meat processing can be arranged at the hunter’s cost upon request. Contact us for more information.
HEART A RANCH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS OR THEFT THAT OCCURS ON THE PROPERTY INCLUDING ANY ACCIDENTS INVOLVING ACCIDENTAL SHOOTINGS OR ACCIDENTS INVOLVING WILDLIFE. RULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT OWNER’S DISCRETION.